Monday 25 June 2012

NOTD - Acid Wash Denim (Alternative)

I stumbled into this nail art tutorial about acid wash denim about a month ago when I felt like having denim effect on my nails. I have been thinking of trying different colours for this style just to see how it'll look like. Here you go:


Acid Wash Nail Art

Well, I didn't know how I feel about them initially. As time passes, wow, I really love them! I had a pretty hard time trying to figure out what I should name this look. But decided that I should just stick to what "style" I adapted it from. I have no idea what it looks like, so I asked my brother to see what this look reminded him of and he said "Rubber Balls" (you know, those that you get from slot machines). I kinda agree. Although, I thought they looked like dinosaur eggs at first but decided against it after I googled dinosaur egg pictures and....they looked nothing like dinosaur eggs (darn!). What does this look reminds you of?

Alright, below is the tutorial link which I followed and also other pictures of my nails: 

The tutorial

Acid Wash Nail Art
Nail polishes used from left:
 TheFaceShop (YL701)
Essence (Let's get lost)
Nails Topshop (Country Bumpkin)

I created this look by using TheFaceShop YL701- two coats. Followed by a coat of Nails Topshop's Country Bumpkin and a coat of Essence Let's Get Lost. Finishing off with Inglot's Matte Top Coat. 

What I really like about this technique is that it doesn't matter if the colours are not evenly spread out. Oh, do keep in mind to allow each colour layer to dry completely before applying a new layer on top. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!