Sunday 28 December 2014

Christmas Poinsettia

Merry Christmas everyone! I know its soooo late but I often feel Christmas comes way too slow and goes way too fast! Hahaha! Can't blame it, I guess. Considering the calender says, only one day for Christmas and approximately 364 days of waiting for it. Hahahaha!! 

So, what look did you sport for Christmas this year? :)

Christmas Poinsettia lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
As for me, how I wish I could tell you these were what's on my nails on Christmas. Sadly, I didn't have the time to do them. On Christmas, all I had on my nails were Cirque Colors, Lonesome George. Such a lonely name for lonely nails without nail art. (Awhhh) However! The gorgeousness of Lonesome George (linear holo properties) makes my nails a little less saddening ^_^ The polish itself, is a beautiful medium green shade. Perfect to match with my forest-like sweater top. Heehee.

Christmas Poinsettia lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
Christmas Poinsettia lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
I only managed to finish my nails on Boxing day. And I'm starting with thumb pictures! Couldn't skip them because I packed most of the details there, especially the poinsettia. Haha! Too bad my nails aren't a little bigger. Or I ended up drawing the poinsettias a little too small on my other nails. I couldn't add details on them, such a sad moment. Sigh. Moving on!

Christmas Poinsettia lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
A little bit more about the nail art, it was inspired by yet another mall decoration. This time, it is inspired by the decorations in Midvalley Megamall. Haha! I was going to do a literal take of the inspiration, however.. I have too many new polishes that I really wanted to use and there really isn't enough Christmas days. Hahahah!

Christmas Poinsettia lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
The base colour as I have mentioned before, was Cirque Colors, Lonesome George. Followed by leaves of creme polishes and shimmer polishes: Sephora Art Attack, Bandi Mineral Green, The Face Shop GR508 and The Face Shop 502. I used OPI Visions of Love and layered FUN Lacquer Poinsettia (H) over it. Yeap, a very fitting polish for the flower! ^_^ I used Tip Top Reggae to Riches sprinkle beads for the center of the poinsettias. Last but not least, glitter gradients using Shimmer Polish Nicole (Eva).

Christmas Poinsettia lacqueerisa.blogspot.com
Oh my. I feel like my post today is a little unorganized. I do apologise. Anyway, I hope its not too late to still wish you all a wonderful Christmas! Hope you all had an enjoyable one :) Mine was pretty simple. Still rushing here and there (hence, still unable to do proper blog-catch up). But I am grateful that in the midst of busy-ness, we were still able to have mini catch ups with family members! ^_^ ♥

And so I bid you good bye for now. I'm guessing there's a high chance I will do another late post, for new years or so. I really wanna do my nails for the occasion! >_< Have you plan what to wear on your nails for New Year's? 

See you till then! :)

12 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is really gorgeous! I like this green shade and the design is just wonderful!! I didn't plan what to paint but it will be something matching my outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's been such a long time since I've been on your blog T_T
    Glad you enjoyed your holidays ^^
    Lonesome George is a very beautiful color and hey, I wore green on Xmas as well hehe Great minds think alike, huh?
    Really love the nail design and of course your thumb nail shot! More of it, please <3 Aaaah and I am so jealous of your nail length T^T I had to shorten my nails and am missing the long almond shape so so much
    Anways, I am looking forward to see your New Year's nail art, especially since I still don't know what to wear on NY myself >///<
    Sending you lots of love <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gillian from PlumeriaPainted29 December 2014 at 06:00

    This is really pretty, I really like the extra leaves, they're so nice!! :) I hope you had a great Christmas, I agree that it totally goes too fast but spending time with family and friends is the best thing ever. I'm glad I get to have more gatherings for new years (who knows what my nails are going to be like? :P I'm going with the flow). I didn't finish my nails for Christmas either :/ by the time I got round to finishing my nails I tried to make them Christmassy but still appropriate for non-holiday season haha. The business is real but it's nice to have nice things to do as well cause its the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lonesome George is certainly a handsome color. Sadly I didn't have time for art either. I'll be posting what I wore on my nails tomorrow, but it was CQ Idyllic, a beautiful burgandy/gold duochrome. I typically do that polish and then some glitter designs, but with all the wrapping and baking, I just didn't have time for art this year. T_T

    ReplyDelete
  5. In LOVE with this look! so detailed and pretty

    Hope you can follow me back :)
    www.milimanicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss your wonderful and creative nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ana! Gosh, I ended up taking so long to reply you. Thank you so much for the compliments :D I have to agree, it's really a beautiful green shade! I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anhy!!! Hahahahahhahaha, you can't beat me in how late my reply is compared to yours XD

    Coolness! Indeed great minds think alike! 8DDD It's been a so long now. Now that I'm seeing this again, I think I could have done a better job with the detailing (with acrylics of course!)

    Ahems, now I am jealous of your nail lengths. Cause mine are shorter now.

    Oh dang, so sorry hun. I can't even remember if I did new year's nail art.. so sorry for the let down >.<

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much dear Gillian! I did have a splendid time :) Truee what you said, nothing beats the family bonding and friends! Hahahaha! Oh man, a little sad when we can't get nails painted for occasions on time, eh? But yeahhh finishing the task nonetheless feels good too! :) Glad you got to paint them ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh I feel you Jeanatte! Although I don't do baking but I certainly do wrapping! That alone easily steals manicure time. Burgundy/gold duochrome sounds fantastic. I finally have some free time now. I'll go check out your post :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andreaaaaa ♥ I miss posting here too. Thank you for remembering me ^_^ I can't promise when my next posts will be. But I am just on rather long hiatus for now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Come back! I miss your designs))

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!