Monday 3 June 2013

Mix 'n Match 'Em!

Happy Monday everyone! As promised, here is the NOTD for today! It's inspired by this picture I saw from Etsy Finds. I love how they have staged their products and the beautiful mix of different elements in the photo which makes the photo absolutely arty and eye catching. 

Lacqueerisa: Mix 'n Match 'Em!

There are a few elements which I was certain I wanted them as part of nail design. One that's really obvious was the backdrop they used for their photo sessions. It has very interesting mix of different wood colours in chevron designs. So I picked up a few muted-greyish colours I have in my stash, to capture the beauty of the woods. 

Lacqueerisa: Mix 'n Match 'Em!

The second thing in the picture that captivated me was the black and white cloth that was draped upon the model. While I couldn't capture the exact look of it onto my nail, I picked up the main elements and came up with something easier to execute (hahaha!). I used toothpick for the white details. 

Lacqueerisa: Mix 'n Match 'Em!

Next, were the rugs on the floors. Haha! Here's where it got tough. I had no idea how and which part of them to incorporate into my nail design. At first I did just a normal stripes of various colours, but it wasn't working. A quick brainstorm led to alternating of colours and picking up easy to execute elements to put into my design, (haha!!) and leaving my index finger with the lovely black accent. 

Lacqueerisa: Mix 'n Match 'Em!

Hence, the final results. I honestly thought I'd be rejoicing over the finished look but.. I'm having mix feelings! Hahahaha! I'm happy with the bottom part of the designs but I'm not too happy with how the 'wall' look, it lacks the black shadow details that separates the wood from each other. Oh well~  

Lacqueerisa: Mix 'n Match 'Em!

Overall, I'm satisfied with the outcome. What do you think of my little mix n match of designs? I hope they aren't leaving you with a 'hmmmmm..." feeling. (Lol!) But I don't mind at all if it did. Hahaha! Hope your Mondays are going by well, if not great! :) 

Polishes used: 

Colours used for wall
Essence Nude Glam - Toffee To Go
China Glaze - Sea Spray
Essence - It's Khaki Time
Tip Top Nail Chic - Super Trooper

Colours used for index
Skin Food - BR609
Holika Holika - White
OPI - My Private Jet

Colours used for middle finger and pinky
Skin Food - BR609
Sally Hansen - Cherry Red
Color Combos - CBL 110
China Glaze - Sea Spray

Colours used for thumb and ring finger
Skin Food - BR609
Revlon - Fashionista
Lioele - 39
Etude House - BR307
Etude House - GR605
Etude House - Ultra Green (NGR702)
BeauKiss(BK) - 12*
*not in photo, but used


19 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm very impressed with this design! All your nails are absolutely gorgeous!!! Nevertheless your ring finger and thumb are my favourits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^.^ OMG OMG! this nail design is so unusual and awesome :) you are able to find nailart inspiration everywhere. I just love but let me ask you just one question- where is the fellow from the photo? haha ^^
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Great to hear you liked them! Haha!! I think they are my favs too - the most detailed one out of the three designs. Hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! Hahaha! Finding inspiration has become part of a hobby, but that's also because inspirations are everywhere! ;D I'm happy to hear you love them! Hehe, I can't draw humans well so...had to leave the poor fellow out =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. That seems very difficult and detailed. It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky_thenailartiste3 June 2013 at 21:17

    Love the rug patterns, especially on your thumb and ring finger! I have a bag that has the same colour scheme as the one in the photo hahahaa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is one of the best nail arts you've done so far! I love the patterns, I love the indie feeling this nail art gives, I love that one could tell immediately how much effort you put into it, I love the choice of colors (as always), I love how clean you worked ... As you see, I really LOVE this mani! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely incredible! You should be so proud of this design. I love the mix of patterns and the earthy shades that you used. This is perfect <3 amazing job

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's pretty tedious, but still alright! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! That is so cool! I love the bag's colour and style! Somehow they give off a nice old school feeling - which is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Anhy! You totally made my day! :D Ah yes, indie feeling! Lol, I never know how to properly describe some of the feelings I get from pictures! Hahaha! Am very glad to hear you love this mani a lot :D Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much, Kelsey! Oh, I am happy with the outcome, but it didn't quite turn out the way I had anticipated.. Anyway, I am glad you love the colours! It is what I loved from the inspiration too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Alissa! Thank so much! I'm so happy to hear you love the details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! Glad to know you love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They kinda remind me of vintage sweaters heehe. Fab details as usual hun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! Ah, yes I guess they do since they have the muted/washed out look on them too. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually really adore these. I feel the vintage sweater vibe too. xD Love the details. Must have taken you a while.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm honoured! Thank you so much for loving them! :) I guess it did, but not as long as the planning process! =P

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!