Thursday 13 June 2013

Mod Squares

Delightful Afternoon to all of you here! Today's inspiration comes from this lovely picture which features very simple design elements yet so stylish. I wish I could have incorporated the thinner lines in the design but my black polish, brushes and hand isn't co-operating. So I have here a simpler design featuring only two colours.

Lacqueerisa: Mod Squares

I would actually label these as work appropriate, but perhaps they aren't. I was planning on having all nails the same or all different designs but I showed my Mom the ring finger (which was the first successful one. pinky and thumb was unpainted yet. index and middle was failures), and conversation are as below:

Me: *shows finger* what do you think?
Mom: Oh! So cute!!
Me: (O.o) cute? which part of it is cute?
Mom: Urm...I don't know.. *giggles giggles* It's cute *giggles again*
Me: Haha, well.. I was planning to do all of them the same..
Mom: *Sad eyes* Then it won't be cute anymore..
Me: (.__.ll) I still don't get which part of it is cute...

Lacqueerisa: Mod Squares

Hahaha! In the end, I never found out the reason for it appearing cute in her eyes.. Lol. Anyway, I had more of mod-ish approach to this manicure in mind when I started, I went ahead with the idea preserving two 'cute accents' for this simple look as a tribute to the cute story behind it. =P

Lacqueerisa: Mod Squares

I started with two coats of very light grey polish as base for every nails. Using my nail art brush (it's just nylon brushes, really.. ) picking up black polish, I carefully draw thick vertical lines across the nails before going over with horizontal lines. Similar method for the ring and middle finger, except it's just a small portion on the nails. Oh also, since the core idea is to get those tiny squares, no need to worry if there're some that were a little out of shape. They still work. As you can see from my photos my squares aren't perfect but it's alright.

Lacqueerisa: Mod Squares

Hoho, and that's it for simple yet stylish manicure. It's a bit too bad I couldn't incorporate the finer lines. I wonder if acrylic would do the trick.. anyway I hope you have enjoyed this post and the little story behind this manicure. 


Tools and nail polishes used (L to R) : Nail art brush, Max Factor Glossfinity Opal, Holika Holika Black. 


14 comments:

  1. Lacqueerisa, these nails are so cuuuute :D haha just joking!
    I really like this design, looks amazing and interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Lou Nails13 June 2013 at 21:14

    So funky! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahha! They do have a 'cute' behind the scene story though ;) Am glad it's to your liking! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! That was the idea and direction the mani was heading to. Happy to know it did come across! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!! So happy to hear you love them :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww how cute! xD
    Joke joke. But somehow your mom is right. They do look a bit cute. But also very elegant (because of the colors), edgy and artistic. I like how fine the lines are. It gives an illusion of dots a little bit :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is so unique, I love the little squares <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe they reminded her waffles but monochromatic? :) This looks elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha! Okay, that would be cute XD Thank you Ana! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good. x3 Haha, Mums. Today, mine told me she didn't like my current design. She thinks it's weird because the bottom third of the nail is visible (french manicure colour). <.< I told her it's cool in Japan. Lol.

    I love how you make your watermarks fit in with the design. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahha!! Can't blame them. They don't see manicures as often as us, I guess. xD Aww, thank you so much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute, awesome pictures as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! Glad to hear you like them :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!