Thursday 12 July 2012

Elianto's Swatch + Review : The Sheer Shimmers


Elianto Sheer Shimmers Review

Today I'll be swatching and reviewing 3 sheer shimmery nail polishes, all from Elianto. They are about MYR 5.50 per bottle. 

First in line would be Elianto Baby Shine. It is a light blush pink nail lacquer. The little silver shimmers in it gave it the extra sparkles. And my, aren't they gorgeous?

Elianto Baby Shine Review
Elianto Baby Shine Review
Elianto Baby Shine Review
Elianto Baby Shine Review

Second in line would be Lawn Green. It is a very pure lime green colour with hints of yellow golden shimmers. Its a great colour to match with your clothes when you need the extra pop of colours! 

Elianto Lawn Green Review
Elianto Lawn Green Review
Elianto Lawn Green Review
Elianto Lawn Green Review

Goodness, I don't recommend using just 1 coat for Lawn Green. As you can see, it kinda makes your nails look "sick". But its okay once you layer it several times to get it opaque. (Use it over another similar colour perhaps?)

The third colour and the last of the three; would of course be Lilac. I honestly think the colour looked more of Muted Purple than Lilac. Somehow, Lilac always sounds to me as a light whitish purplish hue. Anyway, this is my favourite out of the three. I bought it because it matches my tank top so well :D

Elianto Lilac Review
Elianto Lilac Review
Elianto Lilac Review
Elianto Lilac Review

Alrights, as a summary, these are all very sheer polishes and do require either layering it on top of a much more opaque nail lacquer or doing multiple coats. I think Elianto did a great job on these formulas. They are smooth and very easy to apply. And totally worth the money. (haha!)

Well, I don't think sheer polishes are bad though. I do find uses for them. For instance, layering over another polish to get a different sort of effect; not to forget adding the extra sparkle to the manicure/pedicure. 

What do you think of sheer polishes?  

4 comments:

  1. i love the sheer purple!

    jadepurplebrown.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lilac color! It's really flattering and look like it would go with so much. Thanks for your sweet comment! Following too:) xx Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for following! and yes, it does matches a lot of my clothes :D

      Delete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!