Monday 16 July 2012

A Glittering Review

Good Morning!

Along with the Bandi polishes, I've purchased two more polishes which are from Pretty2U outlet of Sunway Pyramid. Honestly, I was there to look for a warm grey nail polish but failed to find a suitable one. Instead, I've gotten myself two glittery top coats! :D

Sheng Ji nail polish, well, I'm guessing its a brand from China since there were a lot of chinese characters on it. Well, since I can't read chinese characters, I am not sure what the name of this glitter is. I looked down and saw the number 50, its colour code I guess? Moving on, this is somewhat of silverish-gold glitters. They looked very pretty in the bottle. Yes, in the bottle... I'd show you what I mean:

ShengJi #50 Gold/Silverish Nail Glitter Review
ShengJi #50 Gold/Silverish Nail Glitter Review
ShengJi #50 Gold/Silverish Nail Glitter Review
ShengJi #50 Gold/Silverish Nail Glitter Review
ShengJi #50 Gold/Silverish Nail Glitter Review

*Sigh* They looked full in the bottle, who would have guessed that it's going to be so loose; the glitters I mean. I may have to resort to manually putting on the glitters with dotting tools. In the pictures above, I've used Sheng Ji #50 over Bandi Mineral Green.

Last but not least, Sheng Ji #58. Its a bottle full of multi-coloured glitters! Now that is something different to buy! I mean, I know I've seen many stunning indie polishes available online but I don't get to see multi-coloured glitters such as this one in Malaysia! I grabbed it right away!

ShengJi #58 Glitter Nail Polish Review
ShengJi #58 Glitter Nail Polish Review
ShengJi #58 Glitter Nail Polish Review
ShengJi #58 Glitter Nail Polish Review
ShengJi #58 Glitter Nail Polish Review
ShengJi #58 Glitter Nail Polish Review
ShengJi #58 Glitter Nail Polish Review; NOTD

I seriously love this multi-coloured glitter nail polish! Yes they are rather hard to get on the nails, but I love them all the same. The power of "rare"? hahahaha!! In the pictures above, Sheng Ji #58 over Skin Food BR612.

Overall, I am quite satisfied with these two polishes. Can't complain much since I got both of them at the price of MYR 10.00. I like that both these polishes comes with clear lacquer base. Makes mixing and matching a whole lot more flexible. So yes, and the fact that I can find a colourful glitter polish at such a price really made my day!

Here's a short review/swatch what's on my nails before adding those wonderful colourful glitters.

Review/Swatch: Skin Food BR612 Sparkling Nail Polish
Review/Swatch: Skin Food BR612 Sparkling Nail Polish
Review/Swatch: Skin Food BR612 Sparkling Nail Polish
Review/Swatch: Skin Food BR612 Sparkling Nail Polish

Skin Food's nail vita nail polishes have great formulas and the brushes are big. Skin Food BR612, is a shimmery-foil-like finish. Its rather dark gold colour. But they do take some time to dry its not too long, you can always speed up the process by dipping your nails into a bowl of icy cold water :)

Do you like multi-coloured glitters like I do?

Update: Recently I've realised that Sheng Ji #50 wrinkles up upon using a top coat over it.  



6 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous!!!! Very nice job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the gold polish and the multicolored glitter polish. I wish I could get Skin Food polish local in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kellie, I probably needed to update this post. This particular gold polish isn't good with top coats. It shrinks or wrinkles once top coats are applied over it. Though I'm glad you took a liking in the glitter polishes, but again, I don't know where you can get these in the US, but I do believe you'd be able to find similar and better quality ones in US. If you had enjoyed the combination of this multicoloured glitter polish over Skin Food BR612, you might wanna check out Louis Louis from Pretty & Polished here : http://www.shopprettyandpolished.com/collections/save-the-dauphine-collection/products/louis-louis

      And about Skin Food polishes, you might wanna check out this post written by ThePolishAholic : http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2012/06/skin-food-swatches.html

      I'm so sorry I have been unable to help you out with your questions. But I hope these replies have been somewhat helpful in a way. Thank you so much for reading my blog! :D

      Delete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!