Saturday 14 July 2012

NOTD - Dots & Dashes

Hello everyone!

I have been wanting to create a nail look of gray (grey?) and mustard (muted yellow?) colours. I considered doing the fish braids but....kinda didn't want to either because I've attempted it before. I like trying new styles. In the end, I've settled with this pattern. Its a pattern inspired by a scarf I saw online (its rather unfortunate, that I've forgot to save the link therefore I can't show you guys the scarf).

Okay, pictures time!

NOTD Dots and Dashes Gray Mustard
NOTD Dots and Dashes Gray Mustard
NOTD Dots and Dashes Gray Mustard
NOTD Dots and Dashes Gray Mustard
NOTD Dots and Dashes Gray Mustard
NOTD Dots and Dashes Gray Mustard

Its a very simple nail art; just using the dotting tool. If you don't have one, you can use various other tools like bobby pins (those with rounded edge), back of a needle pin or toothpicks.

So what do you guys think about this look? Well, I think its okay-ish for me. I'm not head over heels with this outcome. And because of that, I might come out with another grey and mustard themed nails again when I get better inspirations. Before that, I'd be doing a bunch of reviews and swatch over a few nail polishes I've bought today! Anticipate it! :D

Have a Happy Weekend!

Edit: I've actually grown to really love this look! and since its not exactly "old" I've decided to submit this as an entry to a contest held by The Lacquerologist in conjunction with her 6 months blogiversary!

2 comments:

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!