Friday 31 August 2012

Celebrating Malaysia's 55th Years of Independence!

Today marks Malaysia's 55th Years of Independence! And I feel my patriotism kicking in! I thought for awhile how I should do my nails in conjunction of today's celebration. I knew I love how well the colours of Malaysia's Flag goes together. They are all so vibrant and lively! Since, I've never attempted a proper chevron nails, I went ahead and did one for this special day!

To all Malaysians out there : 
Happy Independence Day!  

Merdeka Nails
Merdeka Nails
Merdeka Nails
Merdeka Nails
Merdeka Nails

Oh, I must admit, I was anxious of the final result. And I'm so glad they turned out well! :D My index finger nail gave me a lot of problems though because the shape isn't the same as the rest. It was chipped a little so I had to nub it. Anyway, I'm loving these! Hope you will like these nails as much as I do! :D

Nail polishes used:

  • BeauKiss (BK) - #02
  • Etude House - COR202
  • Revlon - Pretty In Papaya
  • Elianto - Blue Splash


8 comments:

  1. I love these, the colours are stunning together. I really want to try chevron nails myself but they look a lil tricky to get right xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, you are right. Chevrons are tricky if freehand. If your polishes dries fast enough I think using tape will help a lot! My polishes don't dry that fast (or I lack the patience), so I freehand these (oh gosh, the frustrations!).

      Delete
  2. This looks so cool! I need to try out chevron nails, it looks hard though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes do try them out! They are indeed tricky if freehand, I think sometimes painting them with your palm facing you and fingers bending towards you helps in aligning it. But it all takes practice! :D Look forward to yours!

      Delete
  3. The colors you used are so vibrant! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The white base probably helped in making it vibrant :P

      Delete
  4. Time for Wikipedia!)) It's always useful to find out something new about other countries! I've read about your climate... and I'm jealous!! Outside my window is -9 C, and you've got +25 ))). Very beautiful mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wow, its so cold over there! Haha, on cooler days weather here is alright (+24 to +27) but during those hotter days... lol, I'd lock myself up in an air conditioned room ;)

      Delete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!