Friday 10 August 2012

Makeup Savvy Nail Challenge Day 10 - Gradients!

Woohoo!! I am super excited for today's challenge since its regarding a new found love; gradients! I thought I'd do something challenging today like err overlaying gradients and such but I totally change my mind after seeing a Dip Dyed cardigan on FLIP AND STYLE.

*image does not belong to me. Please click to source.

Lovely isn't it? I would totally love to own that cardigan/sweater. I am so captivated by it I had to get that translated (or literally) onto my nails. I haven't quite get the hang of sponging gradients so the nails didn't quite turn out the way I had wanted them too. And without further ado, yet another simple-tastic gradient manicure! 


NOTD - Dipping Purple
NOTD - Dipping Purple
NOTD - Dipping Purple
NOTD - Dipping Purple
NOTD - Dipping Purple

Despite not turning out the way I intended it, I still love how these turned out! For this manicure I've used Elianto's Thistle which is a light pink, The Face Shop's PP402; the bright fuchsia and for the dark purple, I used BeauKiss's #09. To finish this manicure off, I've added Skin Food Nail Vita Crystal Pearl Top Coat which created very subtle glitter that I think goes perfectly well with this manicure. So there you go! My manicure for today's challenge. Hope you will like it as much as I do. Oh, today's Friday! How time flies! Have you planned what to do for the weekends? I think I will explore more with gradients for awhile. I'm hooked! :P

13 comments:

  1. love this and love the top i am a big fan of ombre x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you love it! I've become a fan of gradients and ombres myself too! :D

      Delete
  2. Sweater. Want o__o
    Lovely colours, and you did a great job with the gradient! It looks perfectly smooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought too when I saw the sweater! Need to have it! Haha!! Thank you, I used my smeary top coats to smooth them while they were still kinda wet(haha!!). Oh, I kept getting bits of sponges stuck on them =/

      Delete
    2. Hahahaa I jumped right away to look for it online, but too bad the store only ships to New Zealand and Australia ><
      Ahh I've had the sponge bits problem too. I find it's best to just switch to a fresh side or use a new sponge after a couple times, before the sponge gets completely destroyed :P

      Delete
  3. Hello! I'm a new follower after seeing your response at Makeup Savvy's page~ Absolutely adore the designs you created (so experimental!) and I love how you're M'sian.. we're SO close to each other lol :D

    Today's nail is of course no exception -- your gradient technique is pretty good! I can never for the hell of my life do this haha

    xx, http://diamondinrouge.blogspot.sg/2012/08/makeup-savvys-nail-challenge-gradient.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thank you for the compliments! You are too kind. It's always amazing how the big world wide web brings people of similar interests together (without us having to travel)!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comment, your gradient nails were a whole lot more successful than mine haha!

    I am in love with that jumper too, such a gorgeous colour, I would definitely want to translate that to my nails too. i never thought of that!

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its great that inspirations are available everywhere :)

      Delete
  5. These are so pretty :) You definitely did that gorgeous jumper justice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, that's a great compliment! Thank you!!! :D

      Delete
  6. I love them, you did an amazing job, and how adorable is that jumper?! I want to do that to all of my knits now!!! Fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! :D That would a great diy project to do.

      Delete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!