Saturday 11 August 2012

Makeup Savvy Nail Challenge Day 11 - Metallic

Its Day 11 and themed Metallic. I can't help but imagine all those rich colours of medieval times clothes. All those vibrant and vivid colours. Just gorgeous. I've seen many other nail artist tackling wonderful triangle blocks (forgive me I'm not sure what its called) but have yet to do one myself. And today's theme seem just perfect for this nail art.

I decided to take the challenge and go freehand. And of course I used my left hand (haha!) I can get better control that way :P I love how they turned out, especially the colours. They matched so well together.

NOTD - Vividly Metallic
NOTD - Vividly Metallic
NOTD - Vividly Metallic
NOTD - Vividly Metallic
NOTD - Vividly Metallic
NOTD - Vividly Metallic
NOTD - Vividly Metallic

They really reminded me a lot of Bunting Flags. Mostly due to their triangular shapes, which I guess, contributed to the medieval-ness of it. A little wonky here and there but overall, I love them!

Nail Polishes used :

  • Skin Food Pedicure Sparkle - #10
  • Elianto Sparkling Diva - Mahogany
  • Skin Food Pedicure Sparkle - #08
  • Essence Colour & Go - 38 Choose Me! (used this to overlay Skin Food Pedicure Sparkle #08 for a more uniform look)

6 comments:

  1. Love the colours! And I'm a huge fan of your tutorials, they're so clever!
    Also, I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. The link is here: http://www.jamegackie.com/2012/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my! Thank you!! and thank you for the Award! I'd work on it as soon as I can. :D

      Delete
  2. This is so gorgeous! It is really medieval! Such a great idea, this is one of my favourites of the challenge so far x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely! You're the first Malaysian nail blog I came across yet! I've been there last year (November) and was also looking for great nail polishes (of course ;)) but ended up not buying any... instead I had a manicure in a nail studio for the very first time, haha.
    Any (Asian) nail polish brands you could recommend? For my next holidays then... ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you enjoyed your time here! Ah, but I must admit its hard, very hard, to find great and nice nail polish in Malaysia harder, if you are looking for unique colours. But Asian Nail Polish brands with formulas that I'm happy with so far are Skin Food, BeauKiss(BK)/Pretty2U, and Etude House. As for Elianto, only the Sparkling Diva collection that are rather eye-catching to me.


      Delete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!