Monday 13 August 2012

Makeup Savvy Nail Challenge Day 12 & 13

Hello!!

How have Monday been for you? We are just two days away from finishing Makeup Savvy's 15 Days Nail Challenge! How time zooms by! I'll be squeezing two nail challenges in this one post. So bear with me while you go through the longggg looooonnnng post. :)

Make Up Savvy Nail Challenge Day 12 - Stripes. 


For Day 12 the theme is stripes. I wondered awhile how I should do the stripes. Since I've done vertical ones, I thought I'd do either diagonal or horizontals. When I thought of horizontals, I then recall the interesting characters of pantomime/mimes. And that's the theme for my Stripes for Day 12.

NOTD - Mime Me Some Stripes
NOTD - Mime Me Some Stripes
NOTD - Mime Me Some Stripes
NOTD - Mime Me Some Stripes
NOTD - Mime Me Some Stripes
NOTD - Mime Me Some Stripes
NOTD - Mime Me Some Stripes

Haha, I do suppose you can tell how much I love them by the number of picture spams I have here! :P But achieving these were not as easy or smooth sailing as I thought it would be. I initially had plan to use dotting tools to dot those stripes but failed miserably. I got so frustrated but I still really want to attempt this mime nail idea. I finally resort to acrylics and my beautiful brushes. Well, I thought I'd want some straight, clean and crisp lines. Looks like I don't afterall. I think slightly jagged-ness creates a unique charm to each of the nails. The only nail polish colour I've used here is Skin Food Nail Vita BW704 - the white base. Haha. The rest are acrylic paints that have been left neglected for some time now.

All in all, I really love how they turned out! What do you think about them ? I wanted to include the red scarf but didn't know how I should do it. Anyway, hope they look like Mimes to you. I know I've left out some key iconic elements to represent Mimes. Because I can't seem to position them better so this was the best I could do. (Oh, I hope I can re-create a better one next time!)

Makeup Savvy Nail Challenge Day 13 - Film Inspired.


*breathe in breathe out* Fuhh.... Alright, for Day 13 it's Film Inspired Nail Art! I thought for awhile what Film/Movie to do since I do have quite a list of favourites! I know my top at the moment is How to Train Your Dragon. I simply LOVE it. For a moment, attempting that sounds like a great awesome idea! Drawing Hiccup (so handsome! hahaha!!) and Nightfury (so cute!!)!!! But I quickly shove it aside because I knew I don't have the skills to do it. And I'd be a gazillion times more frustrated. So next idea. Ugh, I went blank. Yes, that's a complete contradiction to what I mentioned just earlier about having quite a list. All those next in line were animated feature films which I love, but same excuse with HTTYD - attempting them is just out of my capabilities.

After a short brainstorming, I settled with Singin' In The Rain - its a musical film. Being one who's expose to animation and the principles in animating, I absolutely adore this movie. Specifically this scene : 


I wanted to go for a more graphic look which sort of failed. But I love how the umbrella turned out. Although, raindrops are still not something I am able to pull off. I hope I'd be able to attempt another one some other time with improvements. 

NOTD - Film Inspired; Singin' In the Rain
NOTD - Film Inspired; Singin' In the Rain
NOTD - Film Inspired; Singin' In the Rain
NOTD - Film Inspired; Singin' In the Rain
NOTD - Film Inspired; Singin' In the Rain
NOTD - Film Inspired; Singin' In the Rain
NOTD - Film Inspired; Singin' In the Rain

For this, I've used Etude House BL501 for base and alternate between White Acrylic paint and The Face Shop WH002 for the umbrellas and raindrops. A little sponging for the little water splatters on ground. Yes, obviously they aren't the best that they can be. Still I'm satisfied with how they turned out. Hope you will enjoy it as well. Always feel free to let me know what you think! 

Tomorrow's theme is Dots!! I think I'm about drained off ideas.. haha!! 

8 comments:

  1. Crazyyy, I was JUST thinking yesterday if I could somehow do HTTYD nails, but I haven't been able to come up with a good or feasible design yet ><

    These challenges are so fun, I've really enjoyed looking at what you come up with! Timing wasn't so good for me, so hope there is a next time when I can join :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And ohhh!! HTTYD will look so awesome done by you! I'd be waiting for your post on that! :D Yes, the themes were great! And I'm so glad you enjoyed them! :D I'm sure there'd be a next time, if not we could always set one! ;)

      Delete
  2. I was thinking about singing in the rain nails too but you did them so well I'm glad I didn't!
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! Oh but you should have! The movie has so many great elements to explore! :)

      Delete
  3. Aww these are pretty :) I love the rain nails! Spot on they are.

    Fee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mighty glad you love them! :D Film is such a great theme to explore!

      Delete
  4. I'm running out of ideas too!! I love both sets of nails, the striped ones look so french chic! The rain ones are fab, you captured the movie perfectly :)x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!