Wednesday 15 August 2012

Makeup Savvy Nail Challenge Day 15 - Anything!

Congratulations too all who participated in Makeup Savvy's 15 Days Nail Challenge! I would like to take this chance to thank Fee for organising this Challenge and welcoming all to join! It's been a fun journey, although I've only started since Day 3. Honestly, I wouldn't have been diligently posting up NOTDs if not for this Nail Challenge. So it's likely I'd go back to once a week NOTD or twice a week.

For today's challenge, we are free to attempt any designs and any methods that we wished to. Ever since I've done my first successful galaxy nails in the challenge, I knew I wanted to do another one but with a faded look to it; the ones that I'd love to recreate on shirts! In a way, I've long planned what I wanted to achieve for Day 15.

This time, I've tackled Galaxy Nails with sponging technique and subtle dottings (well, the stars). Prepared two coats of white base (Skin Food Nail Vita BW704) and sponged on desired colours for the Galaxy look. I've used Elianto Sparkling Diva Indigo Shine,  Elianto Sparkling Diva Persian Indigo, Revlon Pretty in Papaya, Nails Top Shop Mermaid, and Etude House COR 202. For the stars, I used the same white as the base and dotted with toothpicks. Topping the designs with my beloved Skin Food Nail Vita Crystal Pearl Top Coat and sealing the whole design with Konad's Top Coat.

And the results? I love them. Of course, they didn't come out 100% the way I wished they would, but I'm still glad with the end outcome. I've also manage to get some good orange hue in it this time! So, I am absolutely happy and so glad I've attempted this for today's challenge. I'd be keeping them on my nails for awhile! Hehe!! Ok, enough for the texts, pictures time!

NOTD - Washed Out Galaxy Nails
NOTD - Washed Out Galaxy Nails
NOTD - Washed Out Galaxy Nails
NOTD - Washed Out Galaxy Nails
NOTD - Washed Out Galaxy Nails
NOTD - Washed Out Galaxy Nails
NOTD - Washed Out Galaxy Nails

Ahh, I really can't get enough of these! Gonna go and do these galaxies on my other hand now! Actually, I love galaxies so much now I want them on everything! Caps, shirts, tank tops, shoes, jeans? hahaha!! Anyway, hope you enjoyed them as much as I do! Its likely my blog will be silent for awhile since I don't have the heart to take these off any soon. Haha!!

24 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the color combo you chose for this look! Definitely one of the best galaxy nails I've seen :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, so pretty!! I want galaxy print on everything too hahahaa...next DIY project: galaxy shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! Thank you! Galaxy shoes are next in my DIY project too! :D

      Delete
  3. They look absolutely gorgeous! I love that you didn't use a dark base colour. I will have to try this out some time! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These nails are amazing! I really want to try them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thank you! Glad you like them :D

      Delete
  5. Oh they look so pretty! I love the lighter colour combination! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! I love the colours you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad they went so well with each other :D

      Delete
  7. Your galaxy nails are so beautiful! I can't wait to try my hand at it. I realize that someone has already said this, but the first thing I thought when I saw your photos was that these are the best galaxy nails I have ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! I'm really so happy to hear/read that! Made me smile! :D

      Delete
  8. Very, very cool! I want them on a t-shirt too :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! They are really amazing!
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful galaxy nails! I love the colors you used! I would love to have a galaxy shirt, it would look so cool!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thank you! Yes, galaxy shirts are just too cool. Time to work on a weekend DIY? ;)

      Delete
  11. these are gorgeous! You're finised design is flawless xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! That's a really lovely comment. Thank you! :D

      Delete
  12. These are absolutely gorgeous! I love them!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!