Thursday 9 August 2012

Makeup Savvy Nail Challenge Day 8 - Leopard

I didn't plan to do today's challenge. Mainly because I had recently changed my nail polish remover to a harsher one and my skin's been suffering from the harshness. They were pealing after yesterday's post. And pealing bad... I thought of posting up the picture to show you how bad it became, but decided against it. It looked like I was shedding palm skin...lol. Pealed off the few excess (that were peal-able) and spam on hand creams to hydrate it. It's better now as compared to this morning. Which is why I've decided to do today's challenge (or yesterday, since its already past midnight in Malaysia, oops!)

So, for today's leopard nails, I wanted to attempt a faded look which I guess, kinda failed. Haha! They ended up looking more like neon nails instead. I'd be needing a little more trials and errors to get better ones next time. Not for the time being, because I don't think my hands can take any more acetone. And with the haze over here is really not helping =/

Anyway, leopard nails!

NOTD  - Leopard Nails
NOTD  - Leopard Nails
NOTD  - Leopard Nails
NOTD  - Leopard Nails

These are my first attempt at leopard. I sponged (yeap, finally bought some sponges) my whole way through, thinking that might do the trick for the faded look. Perhaps they need a little more alterations. Honestly, if it's not for this nail challenge, I'd probably not attempt leopards at all - they don't suit my personality. They're fun doing though! And I'm glad I gave it a try anyway :)

If the conditions of my hands do improve tomorrow, I'd be more than happy to continue with the challenge. However, if they don't.. I'm giving them at least a day rest before touching acetone again.

Nail polishes used:

  • Elianto - Turquoise
  • BeauKiss - #09
  • Etude House (Matte) - #06
  • Skin Food Nail Vita - BW704
  • Inglot Matte Top Coat

6 comments:

  1. Pretty colours you used for this! I tagged you for a Liebster Award here http://thenailartiste.blogspot.ca/2012/08/the-liebster-award-discover-new-blogs.html

    Thanks for all your comments on my posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the award! And thank you too, for the compliments as well :D

      Delete
  2. i cant stress how much i love this i can never get enough of leopard nails and love this colour combination for it, brilliant job x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The final effect is really nice! I thought you might have sponged and then I just went "nooo, impossible". But you actually did! The colors look great next to one another, I love it! Oh, and I love some leopard pattern combined with a "well behaved girl" look. Breaking schemes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It was the only way i knew would give the faded effect from some angles I think they looked similar to Ikat prints instead of leopards! Glad you liked them! Thanks for compliments :D

      Delete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!