Wednesday 22 August 2012

Scrape nail art Tutorial : Toothpicks/Small dotting tool

Just sharing a tutorial which I've delayed for sometime. I did this nail art which I've come to call it Scrape nail art, in Makeup Savvy's Nail Art Challenge Day 7. Its a method very much similar to the Chocolate Mint Tutorial. A little different though.

Scrape Nail Art Tutorial
click image for larger view

Steps Explained:
Step 1 : Prepare 3 coats of desired base colour. Yes, this is a must or else your base colour will end up getting scrapped off showing your nails underneath instead of just the colour. *optional: protect the base colour with a clear top coat. Allow drying time.
Step 2 : Using a contrasting colour (or any colour you desire), apply 1 fairly thick coat of selected colour onto a single nail. Work 1 nail at a time.
Step 3/4/5/6 : These steps need to be done fast. While the top colour is still wet, using either a toothpick or a small dotting tool, drag the toothpick/dotting tool (lightly) from the cuticle to the tip of your nail forming a middle line. Doesn't matter if its straight or crooked. Then do little lines that seem to converge to the center line. Until you get results similar to image in Step 6. 
Step 7/8 : Using your finger, gently tap down "pointy ends" to smooth the "frays". Allow this nail to dry and move on to your other nails repeating Step 2 - Step 8. 
Step 9 : Now that you're done with the designs, go ahead top it off with a top coat. 

So, I hope you find this tutorial and the explanations easy to understand. I've realized there were lack of explanations in the mint tutorial previously made (I have editted it a bit though). Anyway, this is a super flexible and experimental technique. Go ahead and explore! :D 

4 comments:

  1. Great tutorial :) It's easy to understand and best of all, the end result will look great! I am going to try this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you! I look forward to see your attempt :D

      Delete
  2. This is such a clear tutorial and I will give this another go soon!

    Also I just wanted to let you know I have nominated you for a Liebster Award http://www.colouratyourfingertips.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!