Tuesday 14 August 2012

Makeup Savvy Nail Challenge Day 14 - Dots

Dots, dots, dots! One of the most challenging nail art to attempt, in my opinion. Simply because of its simplicity that I often find myself asking, "How can I make them a little more unique?" - and more often than not, I hit a dead end.

While wondering about the house and internet for inspirations, I came upon this lovely box which is a mooncake box that's in my house. That's one thing about mooncakes, they always come in pretty boxes! So I kept a lot, didn't have the heart to throw any away (they are thick too!) And here's the picture of it which I have drawn my inspiration from :


And the nails! :

NOTD - Dots
NOTD - Dots
NOTD - Dots
NOTD - Dots
NOTD - Dots
NOTD - Dots
NOTD - Dots

I am liking how this manicure turned out. A little bit more of randomness to add to my personality! The whole look reminds me Chinese New Year though, haha!!

First I put on a layer of yellow (Etude House COR202), and sponge on Revlon's Pretty in Papaya, Top Shop Nails' Country Bumpkin, Skin Food Pedicure Sparkle #10 as well as a little bit of Etude House COR 202 to add in a little bit more of yellow. And then for the fun part, dotting the whites! I used Skin Food Nail Vita BW704 for the white dots finishing with Konad's Top Coat.

And that is all for today! Tomorrow marks the 15th day of the nail challenge. The theme is "Anything", its still not too late should any of you wishes to join in as well!

7 comments:

  1. This looks really cool :) I can see the CNY-ness! I love the texture from the glitter :) They look almost like polka dot lava? (In a good way, haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Thank you! Yes, I agree on the lava part as well. :D

      Delete
  2. They're so cool, they're like gold galaxies! Such a great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the combination of colours, it looks really Autumny and warm. Absolutely gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I really love it and the colours you chose are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments and appreciates each and every one of it, but please do not post comments that are irrelevant to content of post. I will not hesitate to delete/remove comments that I deem as spams. Thank you!